The following are Benson Tower’s General Building Guidelines included in all Benson Tower leases. They are guidelines for tenants to observe and follow which from time to time may be amended, modified or supplemented by the Landlord as provided in your lease:
- Sidewalks, doorways, vestibules, halls, stairways and other similar areas shall not be obstructed by tenants or used by any tenant for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the premises and for going from one part of the building to another.
- Plumbing fixtures and appliances shall be used only for the purposes for which designated, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags or other unsuitable material shall be thrown or placed therein. Damage resulting to any such fixtures or appliances from misuse by a tenant shall be repaired at tenant's expense, and Landlord shall not in any case be responsible.
- No signs, advertisements or notices shall be painted or affixed on or to any window or door or other part of the building except of such color, size and style and in such places as shall be first approved in writing by Landlord. No nails, hooks, or screws will be inserted into the window frames for any reason.
- Landlord will provide and maintain an alphabetical directory board for all tenants in the lobby of the building, and no other directory shall be permitted unless previously approved by Landlord in writing.
- Landlord shall provide all locks for doors in each tenant's leased area, and no tenant shall place any additional lock or locks on any door in the leased area without Landlord's prior written consent. Tenants shall not have duplicate keys made except by Landlord. Replacement keys will be provided by Landlord at tenant's expense. Replacement building access cards will also be provided by Landlord at tenant's expense.
- All tenants will refer all contractors, contractors' representatives and installation technicians rendering any service to them to Landlord for Landlord's supervision, approval and control before the performance of any contractual services. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the building, including, but not limited to, installation of telephones, telegraph equipment, electrical devices and attachments and any and all installations of any nature affecting floors, walls, woodwork, trim, windows, ceilings, equipment, and any other physical portion of the building.